Student Guide Programme
About IHC Student Guide Programme
The Student Guide Programme is an initiative that seeks to encourage discovery and appreciation of Singapore’s Indian heritage in an engaging and interactive manner. Student Guides have the opportunity to conduct tours of Indian Heritage Centre’s permanent and special exhibition galleries to guests, including Ministers on official visits, fellow students on learning trips, as well as members of the public.
Watch our video on IHC's Sstudent Guide Programme here.
Through this programme, each student will be trained by museum docents to prepare a guiding script and conduct a guided tour of the Indian Heritage Centre galleries at a designated area.
Students will also be able to:
- Develop keen interest in the heritage of Singapore
- Gain a better understanding and appreciation of the history and heritage of Indian communities in Singapore
- Improve their oral presentation, communication and writing skills
- Increase their confidence level
- Proposed number of students: 14 to 16 secondary school students
- Number of training sessions: 3 (4 hours each session)
- At least 1 school representative (i.e. teacher) must accompany the students throughout the programme.
- Students will each receive a “Certificate of Completion” upon completion of 3 training sessions of the programme
- Students are required to conduct a minimum of 2 rounds of actual guiding within a year (minimum number of visitors attending the guided tour: 160)
If you are interested to sign up for the programme, please email Ms Siti Asmah at firstname.lastname@example.org